Is Type1arts guilty of copyright infringement? Yes.
The following information is found at about.deviantart.com/policy/co… under the heading:
“What is Copyright Infringement?”
To simplify this question, copyright infringement occurs when you do certain things with a creative work which someone else produced without first getting the proper permission.
Some examples of copyright infringement (this is only a partial listing) can include:
1. Placing someone else's photograph or creative work online without proper permission.
2. Using a creative work commercially without permission.
3. Adapting someone else's creative work found in one medium to another medium, such as making a book into a movie or a photograph into a painting.
4. Modifying or editing a creative work without proper permission.
– from Copyright Policy about.deviantart.com/policy/co…
Here are the facts: On March 18, 2014, Type1arts placed a comment on one of my images stating his intent to post it to his tumbler account. I responded within 17 minutes of his comment ordering him to cease and desist, and informing him of my right to refuse him permission to re-post my artwork.
Despite my notice Type1arts has posted my artwork without authorization on his tumbler account. As of this date further actions are underway.
I recognize that it is up to you as the artist to decide if you want to permit Type1arts to re-post your artwork, but consider the following: if this user has no respect for your right to control the placement of your work, what other violations of your rights might this user commit?
Consider and act as your judgment dictates.